University of North Texas
ERP Programmer Analyst III
The Information Technology Shared Services Department's unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus. The Information Technology Shared Services Department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The ITSS Department is looking to add an IT Programmer Analyst III to their team. The individual in this position performs technical and project management, and administrative work utilizing specialized computing knowledge and skills to plan and manage the development, maintenance, and operation of mission-critical computing systems in support of System ERP programs and IT Shared Services The Programmer Analyst III may be required to supervise one or more Programmer/Analysts.
Job responsibilities may include:
* Translate concepts, information and functional user feedback into effectively designed programs/processes.
* Write computer programs/processes as assigned by project/team leader using programming language specified and following UNT programming standards.
* Write computer programs/processes to produce ad-hoc reports, labels and/or data files at the request of the functional users.
* Involve the functional users in the preparation of the test plan that will be used to test and debug each program/process.
* Develop a workable testing and implementation plan with contingency plans that take into account potential problems.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and four years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments
* Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment?
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a resume and a list of three professional references with the online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu 
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.