UF’s Small Animal Hospital is recruiting for a Veterinary Technician for their Intensive Care Unit.
1. This position will provide nursing care for critically ill patients.
2. Will assist clinicians and students with emergency and critical care patients and procedures.
3. Provide instruction and demonstration to students, interns, and residents in a clinical setting.
4. Requires a strong knowledge of veterinary nursing care and techniques.
5. Requires a basic understanding of anatomy, pharmacology, and disease processes.
6. Position requires a post offer health assessment and criminal background check.
Minimum Requirements: Graduation from an accredited American Veterinary Medical Association program for veterinary technology and/or met requirements for certification in the state of Florida; or a high school diploma and four years of veterinary work experience. Minimum of two years of practical experience in an academic hospital environment or equivalent education and practical experience in private practice. Documented completion of 20 hours continuing education within the last two years. Cross training may substitute for continuing education. Successful completion of the basic skills mastery list.
This is a Time Limited position.