University of Florida Small Animal Hospital is recruiting for a Veterinary Technician 2 for their Intensive Care Unit.
1. Provide nursing care for critically ill patients.
2. This position will assist clinicians and students with emergency and critical care patients and procedures.
3. Will have an intermediate responsibility to provide instruction and demonstration to students, interns, and residents in a clinical setting.
4. Position requries a strong knowledge of veterinary nursing care and techniques.
5. Position requires a basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and disease process.
6. Position requires a post offer health assessment and a criminal background check.
Minimum Requirements: Graduation from an accredited American Veterinary Medical Association program for veterinary technology and/or met requirements for certification in the state of Florida; or a high school diploma and four years of veterinary work experience. Minimum of two years of practical experience in an academic hospital environment or equivalent education and practical experience in private practice. Documented completion of 20 hours continuing education within the last two years. Cross training may substitute for continuing education. Successful completion of the basic skills mastery list.
1. Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician
2. Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical care.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
4. Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications.
5. Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities