Job ID: 2013-41455
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/8/2013
Division: DeVry Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The position works in and manages a complex Oracle production and development environment. This environment consists of Oracle databases, Oracle RAC/ASM, Banner ERP System, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle BPEL, and a Data Warehouse. In addition, this person will lead medium to large size database related projects, and will interact with many constituencies to develop database solutions to business problems. Also, assists Developers with the design of tables, relationships, stored procedures and triggers. Works independently to ensure that the database is operating efficiently and ensures that proper backup and disaster recovery methods are maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses skills and knowledge of Database architecture, development, support and maintenance to plan and coordinate the activities related to running production/ development/ test/ QA Applications environments. Develops and implements solutions for database sizing/capacity, server requirements and space requirements.
- Troubleshoots, patch and maintain Databases, Banner ERP System, OID, BPEL and middleware, and provides recommendations to improve the stability of these environments.
- Resolves help desk tickets as assigned and provides 24-hour on-call support for problem analysis and resolution to system problems on a rotational basis.
- Designs, develops, implements, and supports physical database design structures that accommodate large transactions and high availability architecture.
- Designs, develops, implements, and tests enterprise backup and recovery solution, including Disaster Recovery initiatives.
- Applies significant experience with Performance Monitoring, database tuning, identification and correction of performance bottlenecks to ensure peak performance. Creates and maintains knowledge base to improve maintenance and reliability.
- Provides input to forecasts future of database/ application administration, monitoring, and testing tools. Provides training to enhance the use and value of these tools.
- As assigned researches, plans, and performs database upgrades, application of bug fixes, and the implementation of security policies.
- Works with the Networks and Systems groups to design platforms that are robust enough to support the needs of the database.
- Works with development team to implement change management for custom code migrated into environments.
- In accordance with established guidelines designs/ develops processes/ procedures for loading data, conversions, batch job operation, and does high level trouble-shooting of development and production systems independently.
- Provides training and ongoing support of these processes/ procedures and helps to build the knowledge of less senior DBA’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent required. Masters preferred. Additional Certification a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology with a minimum of 5 years as an Oracle DBA. Experience with MS SQL Server or MySQL would be a plus.
- Oracle RAC, ASM and Clusterware (GRID infrastructure) expertise including planning, builds, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: OID, LDAP, .middleware, preferably Oracle Application Server (OAS), Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Experience with RMAN backup and recovery, Data Guard, and disaster recovery.
- Experience supporting ERP Systems. Banner Student System preferred.
- Experience leading database projects.
- Proven track record in managing and tuning large volume Oracle databases.
- Experience in UNIX or Linux environment required.
- Experience developing applications in an Oracle environment (Forms, Reports, PL/SQL) a plus.
- Excellent communications skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.