STARS Requisition number 19718BR
Department Cntr for Lang Stdy
University Job Title Technology Services Specialist, Instructional Technology
Posting Position Title Technology Services Specialist
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade P5
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 370 Temp
Work Week Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Position Focus: The Center for Language Study supports language education across Yale University by providing opportunities for professional development for language faculty and graduate students and by promoting innovative approaches to language instruction. The Center also offers a range of specialized language programs, such as a shared course initiative with peer institutions using distance technology, the English Language Program, and Directed Independent Language Study.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, this position will have direct involvement with the technical design and implementation of distance learning classrooms and will be responsible for the roll-out of a new online language testing and assessment platform across the University. The incumbent will collaborate with peer-institutions and will work closely with the Instructional Technology Specialist, other University departments and vendors throughout the implementation of these projects. The Technology Services Specialist is also responsible for the implementation and continuous management of all other new and existing technology projects and systems within The Center.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information 
1. Acts as a project leader for Instructional Technology projects.
2. Provides consultation and makes recommendations for allocation of resources, product selection, and priorities.
3. Delivers technical expertise and provides recommendation in researching, evaluating and implementing new instructional technologies.
4. Provides high-level service for existing instructional technologies and projects, as well as high-end support for all instructional technology systems and other multimedia activities.
5. Manages operating systems, applications, web services, and content on the department's servers.
6. Maintains in depth knowledge of existing and emerging instructional technologies.
7. Develops and reports on metrics that measure usage, reliability and client satisfaction for all technology services provided.
8. Manages relationships with internal and external clients, outside vendors, consultants and peer institutions.
9. Maintains highest possible degree of service and responsiveness in complex, multi-vendor, multiplatform environment.
10. Consults with faculty to assess instructional technology needs. Develops and implements solutions to meet those needs.
11. Provides training on the usage of instructional technologies, and other software and hardware.
12. Manages assigned project tasks to ensure timely and high quality outcomes. Provides regular status reports on assigned projects.
13. Supervises temporary and student workers.
14. May perform others duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of experience of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Proven ability in Systems Design, Implementation and Project Management.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Proven ability to implement instructional technology.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Proven ability to work with faculty on technological needs and requirements.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Proven ability to provide technology support and training to foreign language faculty.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Well-developed oral and written communications and problem solving skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server, Apache IIS, VMWare. Experience with multimedia recording and editing.
Experience with video and web conferencing technologies.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Preferred Licenses or Certifications: MCSE
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.