Campus Description: The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot adult day health care program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and Gold Star parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative, and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes everyday.
Budget Title: same as above
Reference Number: VH-S3361-13-1S
Campus: Long Island State Veterans Home
Status: Per Diem
Possession of or eligibility for a license to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
Must have excellent computer knowledge and skills.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Assist with the daily management and delivery of nursing care to the residents on a nursing unit including the supervision of technical and non-professional nursing staff on a specific shift.
- Ensures and provides direct care to the resident that is consistent with the comprehensive assessment, request of the resident and goals of the plan.
- Effectively communicates with the Nurse Manager / Supervisor and nursing staff all pertinent data and information relevant to resident care.
- Acts as professional role model for staff and nursing students assigned on the nursing unit.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of standards of nursing practice and the quality of nursing care provided to the residents including participation in quality assurance projects.
- Participates in the clinical in-service for the nursing staff including the certification of nursing assistants, orientation of nursing employees, and skill development consistent with the needs of residents on the assigned shift.
Other duties as assigned. Internal/External search to occur simultaneously.
This is a Continuous Recruitment. We currently have Per Diem positions available.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application , cover letter and resume to:
Edward J. Moretti
Director of Human Resources
Long Island State Veterans Home
100 Patriots Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Fax: 631 444-8517
Job Category: D2) Nursing - Open to all.
Additional Categories: D3) Nursing - Open to current SB Hospital employees.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police