Campus Description: The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot adult day health care program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and Gold Star parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative, and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes everyday.
Budget Title: same as above
Reference Number: VHS3363-13-1S
Campus: Long Island State Veterans Home
Status: Per Diem
Must hold a current NYS Nurse Aide Certification. Must have excellent computer skills.Must have participated in 12 hours of annual inservice.
Brief Description of Duties:
under direct clinical supervision, perform a limited number of prescribed simple observation and treatment procedures using detailed standard
procedures and guidelines in order to assist and maintain the health of residents.
- Attend to daily living activities, personal, hygienic, and simple human needs in order to maintain in the clinical facility an atmosphere conducive to treatment and comfortable for persons in care.
- As directed by professional staff, moves, positions, lifts and transports persons in care using a variety of lifts and other aids in order to make them more comfortable, to prepare them for treatment and to deliver them to appropriate treatment facilities.
- Talk and listen to persons in care and respond by encouraging them to cooperate and participate in treatment activities in order to help them achieve attitudes conducive to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Transport persons and supplies on occasion.
- Maintain persons in care rights, dignity, and confidentiality.
- On occasion and in conjunction with providing care, may perform a variety of housekeeping and cleaning duties as related to direct care in order to assure that the clinical facility is clean, sanitary, orderly, and properly supplied.
- Participate in required quarterly in-service education to maintain certification and meet all necessary requirements to be re-certified every two years.
Other duties as assigned. Internal/External search to occur simultaneously.
This is a Continuous Recruitment. We currently have Per Diem positions available.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application , cover letter and resume to:
Edward J. Moretti
Director of Human Resources
Long Island State Veterans Home
100 Patriots Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Fax: 631 444-8517
Job Category: D2) Nursing - Open to all.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police