The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Central Admin-Vice Pres & CIO
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University IT / S&P
8 AM-5 PM; WKENDS / HOLS AS NEEDED
The University of Rochester is searching for a senior level security analyst to work in the Information Security department. This position will provide support for ongoing information security investigations and analysis of data from various security reporting tools.
This individual will:
- Provide operational support for security reporting tools including Desktop Encryption, Antivirus, and penetration testing systems.
- Lead and participate in forensic investigations for related security incidents.
- Participate in network and system security monitoring; the analysis of trends; and the recommendation of enhancements to security controls based on activity analysis.
- Provide support for various day to day security operations activities.
- Confer with technical staff and users to assess security needs and recommends or assists in the design, implementation, operations and enhancements of applications and systems to meet these needs.
- Maintain responsibility for the development, implementation, modification, maintenance, testing, and documentation of assigned work.
- Assist in the analysis of specification and performance of operational security controls.
- Assist in the identification of industry best practices for technical security controls.
- Assist in the investigation of system and network security breaches and in the enforcement of University policy; track incidents and trends.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstration of the following knowledge and skills is expected:
- Security Certifications such as SANS GCFA or GCFE strongly desired
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Ability to provide on-call support as required
Minimum And Preferred Qualifications
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5 years experience in information security technologies, network technology, or system administration
- 1-2 years experience in forensic security investigations
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.