Edison State College is a vibrant, open-door, baccalaureate degree granting public organization dedicated to educational excellence. At Edison, learning is a creative enterprise designed to encourage each student’s independence, intellectual gifts and thirst for knowledge. Our dedicated faculty teach from the heart, in a caring environment that fosters a sense of adventure, collaboration and respect for others. Located on the gulf coast in southwest Florida, Edison was established in 1962, and is the area’s oldest and fastest growing state college.
SALARY: $27,956.64 /Year
OPENING DATE: 01/04/13
CLOSING DATE: 01/11/13 11:59 PM
This is professional work responsible for coordinating the financial aid activities at a designated campus of the College. Work may include the supervision of staff. Employees in this classification are responsible for counseling students regarding financial matters, managing scholarships and institutional loan funds, and working within the community at high schools and businesses to promote the financial aid program.
Oversees and assists in the daily activities of financial aid staff including counseling students; receiving, reviewing, and processing applications; coordinating distribution of student financial aid checks with cashier’s office; and monitoring student accounts.
Implements approved financial aid procedures and ensures office operates in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations; assists students in obtaining financial aid by screening applicants, recommending recipients for aid, and reviewing to assure that proper restrictions and qualifications are being met.
Develops new procedures and updates current procedures with the direction of the District Student Financial Aid Director to increase effectiveness of financial aid activities.
Evaluates student applicants, recommends students as recipients of financial aid and distributes funds to maximum number of students.
Works with community representatives from high schools and businesses to promote available financial aid programs.
Ensures that all necessary and required records and accounts are in compliance with College, State, and Federal policy guidelines.
Evening and weekend duties may be necessary within the normal work week.
Models and sustains effective Servant-Leadership and Shared Governance practices which enhance the achievement of the vision, goals, plans and student-centered culture of Edison State College.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related field or equivalent experience. A master's degree is preferred.
Demonstrated successful experience in financial aid, accounting or a related field.
Knowledge of financial practices and reporting.
Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Analyze fiscal data and prepare accurate accounting reports and statements.
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.
Fully complete the application form. All work history must be included on the application and all fields must be accurately and specifically completed.
Candidates must list ALL work experience which proves sufficient for meeting minimum qualifications of this position.
Unofficial transcripts MUST be uploaded to the applicant system. It is suggested that all documents be uploaded as PDF documents.
- Candidates must upload copies of ALL transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications of this position.
- Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees are required at the time of hire.
- Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bonafide U.S. evaluation service. The evaluation must be uploaded to the application.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents or changes cannot be made to your application once it has been submitted.
We regret that we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed or hand delivered application materials outside the Edison online e-Jobs system.
A selection committee will review application packages and will select a limited number of qualified applicants for interview.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting will be required of the final candidate.
Edison State College is proud to be a tobacco-free organization.
All programs, activities and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran's status. The college is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal opportunity, or equal access should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer at 239.489.9293.
Edison State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access, or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer.
The College’s Equity Officer/Title IX Coordinator can be reached by calling 239-489-9293.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
8099 College Parkway
Ft. Myers, FL 33919