Edison State College is a vibrant, open-door, baccalaureate degree granting public organization dedicated to educational excellence. At Edison, learning is a creative enterprise designed to encourage each student’s independence, intellectual gifts and thirst for knowledge. Our dedicated faculty teach from the heart, in a caring environment that fosters a sense of adventure, collaboration and respect for others. Located on the gulf coast in southwest Florida, Edison was established in 1962, and is the area’s oldest and fastest growing state college.
SALARY: $33,981.48 /Year
OPENING DATE: 01/03/13
CLOSING DATE: 01/10/13 11:59 PM
This is specialized professional work involving accounting, planning, organizing, customer service and assisting with the management of the student accounts receivable operations in the Office of Financial Services.
Maintains and reconciles student subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger and prepares account analysis related to, student accounts receivable, student accounts payable, and student third party vendors.
Reconciles College’s student payments including all third party student related vendors, Florida Prepaid and Web Payment Systems.
Responsible for ensuring timely return on a monthly or quarterly basis, as required, of federal funds, state funds, and other third party funds for applicable vendors.
Provides accurate direction to department staff when questions arise in the processing of student account related transactions.
Hires, trains, evaluates, and provides direction to staff, as assigned.
Prepares and enters monthly journal vouchers related to scholarships awarded by financial aid.
Prepares the financial aid budget for upload.
Distributes scholarship funds wired by the Foundation and prepares associated miscellaneous deposits.
Retrieves all student financial aid data from the third party financial institution system and deposits them to the appropriate fund.
Responsible for coordination and reconciliation of all activities associated with the Tuition Installment Plan (TIP) Program.
Processes all student refunds through the Higher One program. Seeks to resolve student financial issues; researches and makes recommendations to the appropriate party, including Bursar, Financial Aid staff and /or student.
Assists the Bursar in ensuring the timely production of reports and reconciliations, e.g. quarterly accounts receivable dashboard & write off analysis.
Researches assigned projects, analyzes results, and provides detailed reports of findings.
Assists in the annual preparation/distribution of the student 1098T tax forms.
Assists in the development of and maintains procedures for assigned areas and ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations for area of responsibility.
Prepares department, college-wide, ad hoc and routine reports, as needed.
Prepares forms for detail code updating and establishes any new funds, as needed.
Assists during peak periods in the cashiering department, as needed.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
Two (2) years of professional work experience in the accounting field.
Demonstrated successful experience with accounting procedures and practices.
Knowledge of Florida statutes, Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and National Association of College and University Business Officers standards.
Demonstrated experience using an enterprise level ERP, personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Gather, analyze and present financial and accounting data.
* Interact well with all levels of authority including board members.
Professional work experience within an institution of higher education or government accounting.
Experience and knowledge with SCT Banner Finance applications.
Experience and proficiency with Crystal Report Writer.
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicate and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills necessary.
Fully complete the application form. All work history must be included on the application and all fields must be accurately and specifically completed.
Candidates must list ALL work experience which proves sufficient for meeting minimum qualifications of this position.
Unofficial transcripts MUST be uploaded to the applicant system. It is suggested that all documents be uploaded as PDF documents.
- Candidates must upload copies of ALL transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications of this position.
- Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees are required at the time of hire.
- Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bonafide U.S. evaluation service. The evaluation must be uploaded to the application.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents or changes cannot be made to your application once it has been submitted.
We regret that we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed or hand delivered application materials outside the Edison online e-Jobs system.
A selection committee will review application packages and will select a limited number of qualified applicants for interview.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting will be required of the final candidate.
Edison State College is proud to be a tobacco-free organization.
Edison State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. ?All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access, or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer.
The College’s Equity Officer/Title IX Coordinator is:
Ronald A. Dente, Jr.
District Director, Human Resources/Assistant General Council
Royal Palm Hall N-120 – Lee Campus
8099 College Pkwy. SW
Ft. Myers, FL 33919