This position provides administrative support in a shared leadership environment for the functions of the Vice President of Student Services. This position will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the college’s mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment which strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. This position is accountable for providing the support to accomplish the College’s goals within NTC’s operating principles.Work hours 8:00 – 4:30.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Work in a confidential relationship to provide support to the Vice President of Student Services and Student Services Team Leaders in the management of their offices through the use of e-mail, calendar/appointments, word processing, records and database management, Inter and Intranet, presentation/graphics preparation, spreadsheet development, travel assistance, conference/special function coordination, etc.
2. Maintain salary information and budgets for Student Services personnel within the scope of multiple funding sources. Participate in budget development and monitor all budgets, including grants, to ensure quality utilization of financial resources. Write and process budget transfers, payment authorizations, etc.
3. Serve as office manager for Student Services physical workspace to include the purchase and maintenance of supplies, furniture, and electronic equipment. Resolve concerns regarding issues of physical space and layout.
4. Initiate and maintain office workflow and record management compatible with the other departments within the College.
5. Contribute to the success of teams and committees through participation, taking responsibility for scheduling meetings, coordination of meeting agendas, preparing minutes, and follow-up activities.
6. Support the Vice President through communications, data entry and query, processing forms, compiling statistical data for reports and projects, and maintaining data for accurate reports and files for Federal, State, and local reporting purposes. Analyze data and provide recommendations.
7. Represent the Vice President by effectively interacting with internal and external customers to provide information, collect information which is sometimes confidential and respond appropriately to concerns.
8. Maintain a current knowledge of organizational procedures, policies, and practices.
9. Direct and supervise workflow of work study students, temporary workers, etc. to ensure projects are completed in accordance with guidelines established.
10. Perform all follow-up activities as needed with minimal guidance and direction.
11. Participate in professional development activities, including workshops and conferences.
12. This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned, but are only listed as typical.
A. Associate’s Degree in an area related to fiscal management. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have a minimum of four years of related work experience as an administrative assistant.
B. Professional skills and attitude in assuming responsibility without direct supervision, maintaining confidentiality, exercising initiative and judgement and making decisions within the scope of authority.
C. Well developed verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment. Excellent organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
D. Strong technology skills with demonstrated proficiency in use of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, and database systems. Demonstrated ability to learn other software as appropriate. Minimum typing proficiency is 45 gross words per minute.
E. Must understand federal and state grant process. Must have demonstrated competency in accounting principles and procedures.