JOB TITLE: Application Developer
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
The Adler School is a value-centered and growing institution that is seeking an Application Developer to join the IT department.
Responsibilities of the Application Developer include: The Application Developer will support application reporting design/development as well as application development, integration, and QA/documentation efforts for the Adler School of Professional Psychology. This includes the support of current production systems as well as the development of new tools that optimize reporting and information management operations supporting the business process requirements of the Adler School. Strong focus will be leveraged toward enhancement of the School’s Colleague ERP system from both reporting effectiveness as well as functionality enhancement standpoints. Key Responsibilities:
• Liaise with Senior Application Developer / Systems Analyst / other stakeholders to gather requirements, develop, test, and document reporting solutions.
• Document and develop reporting tools based on standardized structure, naming conventions, and validation/testing processes as defined by the Adler School
• Responsible for administering and maintaining of Business Objects environments including installation, configuring, patching, upgrades, and monitoring
• Provide feedback into end-user training / documentation efforts
• Maintain custom applications / code modules functionality through vendor architecture / API changes and enhancements based on standardized application lifecycle management processes
• Bachelors Degree required. Minimum three-five years of reporting and application development work experience in a variety of coding environments as noted below
• Strong analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to research and to apply problem-solving skills to complex technical problems
• Knowledge of version and revision control / structured change management practices and procedures
• Development familiarity in some of the following database/development environments
o Business Objects XI R3.1 and later
o Web Intelligence
o Universe Developer
o Crystal Reports
o Unibasic (or similar Basic language)
o Unidata Database Structure
o SQL, including programming interactions with back-end SQL queries/databases
o XML, HTML
o Envision development for Ellucian Colleague
• Strong customer service focus
• Strong communications / interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Must be pro-active, able to identify and champion enhancements, etc.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
A particular commitment of the School, rooted in Adler's emphasis on social interest, is training psychologists to work with marginalized and underserved populations and who are committed to social justice. Candidates with particular interest in this mission and with demonstrated experience in these areas are preferred.
Must pass a pre-employment background check
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com