The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 EDC General Dentistry
9AM-6PM; INCLUDES EVENINGS AND SATURDAYS
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, position is responsible for management and monitoring of dental treatment status and financial compliance for General Dentistry patient base. Individual is responsible for considerable departmental administrative details requiring extensive knowledge and experience in General Dentistry policies, procedures and practices.
Acts as principle liaison between patient care provider and clinical support services to be implemented into a patient family base. Coordinates all aspects of financial arrangements for General Dentistry patient population. Responsible for all aspects of the patient account from appointments, treatment planning phase until case completion.
- Exercising tact, initiative and independent judgment makes decisions using approved General Dentistry procedures regarding security of complex, high dollar, comprehensive dental care accounts and communicates directly to patient and clinical administrator.
- Negotiates down-payments and authorizes repayment terms for complex treatment plans in accordance with General Dentistry policies and guidelines.
- Documents and monitors the dental treatment status for high dollar, complex patient accounts within the General Dentistry and maintains appropriate General Dentistry patient databases(s). Reviews financial status, treatment progress and attendance histories to ensure timely completion of care.
- Communicates treatment information to Accounting personnel for timely submission of pre-treatment estimates and insurance approvals. Acts as a resource to patients and care providers or Medicaid approval process and other 3rd party billing issues.
- Collaborates with all member of the dental care team to facilitate superior communication with the patient for best treatment outcomes.
- Maintains good working relationships with other General Dentistry care providers, Patient Accounting and front line staff in order to coordinate referrals and other treatment(s) relevant to the patient's overall dental treatment plan.
- Serves as primary contact to Accounting personnel, care provider and/or Practice Manager of Administrator to resolve patient concerns.
- Performs check-in and check-out procedures.
- Processes payments.
- Performs a variety of other duties.
Requires Associate's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Psychology or related discipline and 4-5 years experience in hospital billing or related hospital credit services; or an equivalent combination of education.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.