Job ID: 2012-41373
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/26/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Department: Government Relations
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Under the general direction of the Sr. Director, Accreditation & Professional Regulation, the Director of Accreditation is responsible for coordinating accreditation and regulatory approval efforts (NLNAC, CCNE, HLC, BONs) for the College and its campuses and for working under the direction of DeVry Inc.’s licensing and compliance department to ensure that the College’s state and federal licensing and compliance requirements are met. This position requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to anticipate and meet deadlines, and the ability to work well within a complex matrix organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the processes of seeking changes requiring approval of accrediting and regulatory approval bodies, documentation to support a change request, timing of the submission and subsequent visit(s) and responses.
- Prepares and submits applications, self-studies and other reports and conducts related activities as needed to support the accreditation, licensing and compliance processes and state nursing board requirements.
- Responsible for College licensing and compliance under the direction of the Sr. Director Accreditation and Professional Regulation and in coordination with DeVry Inc’s corporate licensing and compliance departments to ensure that regulatory compliance and licensing issues pertaining to the College are addressed appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Participates with other members of the Department to serve as a resource to DeVry Inc compliance officer for issues related to regulatory approval and the accrediting commission’s federal compliance program including the following areas: credits, program length and tuition; organizational compliance with the higher education reauthorization act; federal compliance visits to off-campus locations; advertising and recruitment materials, organizational records of student complaints; and organizational responsibilities for public information.
- Participates in assessment activities that support regulatory approval and accreditation processes.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of national and campus committees to provide input regarding state, federal, and regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Participates in curriculum development projects to ensure compliance with federal, state, and professional organization requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for faculty and support staff orientation to accreditation and regulatory approval processes.
- Provides guidance, advice and coaching for new and existing faculty regarding accreditation and regulatory approval processes.
- Monitors fair and equitable application of student and academic policies.
- Reviews College policies and practices to ensure integrity in College operations.
- Travels, as needed, to perform essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in nursing required; PhD in nursing or related discipline preferred.
- Five years of teaching and/or management experience in a higher education setting and experience with assessment, accreditation and regulatory approval processes required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, editing, and computer skills are required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.