Job Title: Development Associate
Office: Global Initiatives
With direction from the Associate Director of Global Initiatives, work collaboratively with colleagues in Resource Development and around the Institute to develop, oversee, and maintain projects consistent implementing strategies for market development, donor development, volunteer management, and resource allocation within a designated region for the purpose of maximizing fundraising opportunities in order to meet overall monetary goals as well as goals for specific priorities.
• Back office fundraising support for team of 5 frontline fundraisers, to include prospect research, prospect and pipeline development, letter and proposal writing, systems management and analysis, project management, event support, etc.
• Solicits information from frontline staff and creates weekly meeting agendas, provides supporting documentation, and tracks all follow-up activities to ensure a seamless process from meeting to meeting.
• Contributes to discussions of fundraising needs/priorities and in prospect strategy/review sessions by making recommendations to help establish priorities, specifically action items and follow-up tasks.
• Become familiar with and research prospects in current team portfolio. Provide research summaries and development support; and produce written reports on proposals and initiatives, as needed
• Coordinate with frontline fundraisers and research staff to build prospect lists and ensure quality communications across the department.
• Develop and manage systems and processes necessary for the organization, tracking, planning and execution of projects from inception to completion. Establish timelines and appropriate milestones.
• Work with colleagues in departments, labs and centers on the development, content, and implementation of informational sessions on Global initiatives designed for prospective donors.
• Plan, organize and implement visits to campus by potential prospects - alumni and unaffiliates - interested in project initiatives. Identify appropriate contacts on campus and act as liaison.
• Organize and Execute Global Initiatives events in collaboration with members of the Events staff, faculty, and school-based development officers. Work with regional volunteers to coordinate programs and logistics.
• Provide support for other projects, as needed.
• Limited travel and evening work, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum four years work experience. Experience within a development office strongly preferred.
Position is suitable for an individual with high energy and initiative interested in a career in development. Requirements are as follows: strong communications (oral and written) skills; independent judgment and a high level of discretion; ability to analyze, synthesize, and present information; ability to interact well with others for the purpose of soliciting information and prioritizing work assignments; project management skills, organizational skills and initiative; ability to meet deadlines and work under tight time constraints while managing multiple projects; familiarity with computers and databases; ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to maintain confidentiality. Candidates must demonstrate attention to accuracy and detail.
To apply, please search for job # MIT-00009297 on the jobs.mit.edu website