Computer Information Systems Instructor
Please apply at https://jobs.sbcc.edu 
Job# 12/12-A05 Application Deadline: Monday, February 4, 2013 @ 12:00 a.m. PST
Essential Functions of Position:
Commencing August 22, 2013, a full-time, tenure track teaching position will be available in the Computer Information Systems Department. Responsibilities include teaching courses from among the following topics: Introduction to Computer and Information Systems, Information Technology Management, Systems Analysis and Design, Database Systems, Database Administration, Operating Systems and Systems Administration.
Other responsibilities include participation in the governance of the College via committee assignments, maintenance of office hours for student needs, and full participation in departmental and division responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications: The candidate must meet one of these criteria:
1. Any Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience; OR
2. Any Associate Degree and six years of professional experience; OR
3. Combination of education and other accomplishments that is equivalent to the above. (If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement that presents the basis for this claim and submit supporting evidence, e.g., transcripts, publications, and other work products.); OR
4. Possession of a lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential in Computer and Related Technologies
• Possession of a Master’s Degree.
• Experience working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, and disability backgrounds.
• Teaching experience in Computer Information Systems courses at the college level.
• Knowledge of SQL Server and at least one other database system.
• Work experience in the Computer Information Systems field.
• Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of Student Learning Outcomes and utilization of results for improvement of student learning.
• Demonstrated experience with utilization of strategies, techniques and methods that enhance student learning and success and respond to diverse learning styles and diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, and disability backgrounds.
Salary & Personnel Benefits:
The current salary schedule range for a tenure-track faculty position is $53,668-$89,668, plus an earned doctoral bonus of $2,683. Starting salary is commensurate with academic preparation and full-time related, paid experience. In addition to salary each full-time employee participates in a "cafeteria style" Health & Welfare Benefits Program.
Completed online applications must be submitted by Monday, February 4, 2013 @ 12:00 a.m. PST.
Required Application Documents: (The following required documents must be submitted electronically via the online application system.)
1. Online District Application form @ https://jobs.sbcc.edu 
2. Cover letter addressing the applicant's experience and the desirable qualifications listed in this announcement.
3. CV or Resume.
4. If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement in the “Applicant Documents” section entitled, “Other”. The statement presents the basis for this claim and submits supporting evidence, e.g. transcripts, publications, other products.
5. Copy of college transcripts.**
6. A minimum list of three professional references, with contact information, is required on the online application under “Professional References”. A maximum of six professional references may be submitted if desired. These references will be contacted if you are selected as a finalist for the position. These references should be able to critically assess your work qualifications and job performance. Preferred references include: current department chair, immediate past department chair, current Dean, immediate past Dean, one current faculty colleague and one current student, or appropriate equivalent references.
7. Letters of recommendation are not required but are strongly preferred by the committee. You may attach up to three letters of recommendation found under “Applicant Documents” in the field entitled, “Letters of Reference or Confidential Placement File”.
**Please scan transcripts & certificates/licenses, if applicable, and submit electronically as attachments to your online application. If you experience technical difficulties attaching your transcripts electronically, please contact Human Resources for instructions. If you do not have a scanner, there are commercial facilities available to assist you with this process. All required documents must be submitted with your electronic application by the application deadline or your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an official USA certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to the online application. For a list of recognized organizations providing transcript evaluation services, visit http://www.naces.org/members.htm .
To be considered for this position, a complete online application including all required application documents (listed above) must be submitted via https://jobs.sbcc.edu  by the above application deadline (please see above instructions to applicants). It is important that the online District Application form (Item #1 above) be complete and specific to fully indicate education, experience and other qualifications of the applicant. "See Resume" is not acceptable.
You may attach additional supporting material to the online application under “Applicant Documents” section entitled, “Other.” If you apply for more than one position, copies of all the required documents must be attached separately for each position. Applications and all documents submitted become the property of SBCC and are retained electronically.
Please Note: You will receive a confirmation number when your application has been successfully submitted online.
Online applications will be initially reviewed by the selection committee, who will recommend candidates for personal interviews at SBCC. A teaching demonstration and in-person interview will be required for selected applicants. After the initial interviews have been conducted, the committee, the Department Chair, and the Dean will recommend the top candidates to the Superintendent/President for a final interview. If selected for a final interview with the Superintendent/President, it may be possible to interview remotely at this stage. The successful candidate’s name will then be presented to the Board of Trustees for approval.
Please Note: Santa Barbara City College regrets that applicants cannot be reimbursed for expenses related to the application or interview process, including travel expenses.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
If you are selected for an interview and need special services or facilities to participate in the interview, please contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
General Requirements to be submitted Upon Offer of Employment:
• Satisfactory results from prescribed job-related medical examination, including recent evidence of freedom from active tuberculosis.
• Satisfactory fingerprint report.
• Documentation verifying identity and United States citizenship or authorization that you have the right to work in the United States permanently and do not now or in the future require sponsorship by Santa Barbara City College or other hiring institutions.
• Official transcripts conferring college degrees indicated on the employment application.
WORKING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoor and outdoor instructional laboratory and classroom work environment.
Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
Subject to variable work hours.
Regular operation of a computer keyboard, calculator, and other normal office equipment.
Reading a variety of complex materials and monitoring student activities.
Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
Communicating and expressing oneself clearly on a variety of educational topics in conversation with, and presentations to, staff, students, and members of the community.
Occasional stooping and kneeling.
Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling moderately heavy objects (25 - 50 pounds)
For all Full Time Faculty openings, deadlines, and link to online application, please visit our website at: hhttps://jobs.sbcc.edu 
Santa Barbara City College,
721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394
(805) 965-0581Ext. 2258
Interviews by Invitation Only
SBCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, marital, parental or veteran status, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.