There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Bridgepoint Education, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change every day. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing well, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Dean for the Institute for Continuing Education and Development position is a full-time employment opportunity. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the Academic component to this new organization. All facets of the academic structure and governance will be under the direction of this position. Additional responsibilities include support and development of curriculum and academic program improvements, faculty hiring and evaluation, as well as other Academic needs as they arise.
Essential Job Duties:
• Support the Leadership in implementing the mission, vision and strategic plan for the Institution.
• Supervise specific groups of faculty
• Implement a plan to develop a fully functioning faculty recruitment and training program.
• Create Academic infrastructure to allow for students to complete coursework under strict faculty guidance.
• Develop relationships with key business and industry partners to access corporate training needs
• Develop relationships with community education leaders to access continuing education needs
• Direct key initiatives and collaborate with Leadership to identify additional non-degree program and course opportunities.
• Respond to accreditation, compliance, and regulatory needs relevant to the Institution.
• Coordinate development and implementation of all curriculums within the Institution.
• Collaborate with Marketing to research future curriculum opportunities.
• Serve on cross functional teams and committees
• Other duties as assigned by Leadership
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Earned doctorate degree
• 3 or more years of academic administrative experience
• Knowledge of accreditation standards and learning assessment
• Online education and adult learning environment experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule that requires travel and occasionally work on evenings and weekends
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com  and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications including advanced level experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Database management and Excel with ability to produce reports
• Time management skills with a strong sense of prioritization and follow through
• Experience in a leadership position in higher education
• Personal attributes: maturity, diplomacy, sense of humor, team player, attention to detail, independent, self-starter
• Earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.