SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Vice Chancellor Student Development
(Office of the Chancellor)
Posting Number: 0120051
Filing Deadline: (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 02-07-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Vice Chancellor
Major Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Designs, develops, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and ensures accountability of the operational activities related to Student Development areas listed in the Position Description.
2. Assesses and responds to the needs of students and provides direction and leadership in the development of policies and procedures in all areas of student development to maintain quality service to students.
3. Leads student services and programs in addressing issues related to accreditation and develops a process for the ongoing and systematic review and enhancement of programs related to maintaining a positive accreditation status.
4. Provides leadership and vision for diversity initiatives and policies focused on closing achievement gaps, increasing opportunities for retention, and promoting academic and career success for educationally disadvantaged students.
5. Develops and implements approved plans and policies to facilitate and improve the operations and programs of Student Development.
6. Administers the review and evaluation of the Student Development programs within the Student Development Division and makes appropriate recommendations for change or improvement.
7. Coordinates the development of annual goals and objectives and program review for Student Development and monitors the progress of approved goals and objectives.
8. Provides leadership for the preparation, monitoring, and accounting for all budgetary matters in the Vice Chancellor's area of responsibility.
9. Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations and Education Code requirements for all Student Development programs.
10. Provides professional leadership in recruiting, maintaining, and supporting professional growth and development for all staff members in the Student Development area.
11. Recommends all personnel transactions for staff in the Vice Chancellor's area of responsibility.
12. Directs, trains, and evaluates managers, faculty, and staff in the Student Services division to provide a high quality of services to students.
13. Oversees and coordinates the continued development, assessment and analysis of all student learning outcomes research and activities in the Student Development departments and programs. Ensures student learning outcomes are integrated with divisional planning and aligned with the program review process.
14. Represents the College in state-level activities related to Student Development operations.
15. Establishes, develops, and maintains positive working relationships and partnerships with area K-8 schools, high schools, colleges, universities, and appropriate community-based organizations and agencies.
16. Oversees the efforts to promote effective processes for student advocacy, crisis intervention, and student discipline.
17. Attends Board of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations and submits reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
18. Communicates Board of Trustees' decisions, policies, and actions and supervises the implementation of these with other administrative staff in Student Development.
19. Participates in the College/District strategic planning process and coordinates budget planning for Student Development programs, services, and facilities.
20. Participates collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
21. Establishes a productive working relationship with College constituencies and participatory governance groups facilitating effective delivery of programs and services in meeting the needs of students.
22. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other administrators, including the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, coordinating communication and activities with their divisions.
23. Supervises the College's annual graduation ceremony and honors process.
24. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chancellor.
To apply, please visit our website at