The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Health Sciences
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Part Time 25 hours Grade 006 Marketing Med Ctr
8 AM-5 PM; Part time hours wil be between the hours of 8AM-5PM, Mon. - Fri.
Responsible for providing accurate and efficient telehealth services including, but not limited to, general information, provider referral, class registration, and caller assistance to patients, physicians, medical providers, department contacts or health plan members. Responsible as the primary contact for inbound calls to Strong Health as well as be required to perform marketing related functions as needed through outbound call activity. Strong Health Contact Center agents are involved in a wide spectrum of process improvement, business development and marketing activities. Agents are expected to be flexible, adaptive and creative in support of new service offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development Operations:
- Effectively performs consumer referral based on callers’ needs and current availability, and serves as a subject matter in the area of customer service and customer needs.
- Performs class registration.
- Completes outbound calls in order to complete satisfaction surveys, offer marketing programs and generally ensure satisfaction with Strong Health and the contact center.
- Works with the Marketing department and service lines to ensure that customer needs are being met.
- Works to enrich contact center information, by obtaining additional information from callers beyond the required information.
- Collaborates in the creation of contact center protocols and scripts.
- Implements and supports new services and activities.
- Serves as a liaison between service lines and the contact center; participates in Marketing strategy to support business development; and serves as the caller advocate to ensure all their needs are met and questions answered.
Serves Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Continuously works to improve contact center protocols, methodologies, scripts and work flow by providing suggestions/recommendations.
- Ensures data through accurate data entry when recording calls.
- Keeps abreast of HIPPA and other privacy related issues and ensures the highest levels on confidentiality of all interactions.
- Works with the contact center team leader and manager in order to ensure proper service levels.
Performs other duties as assigned by Contact Center Manager or designee.
High School education and 1-2 years hospital and/or receptionist/switchboard/customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of college, associate or bachelor degree with two years recent health care and customer service experience preferred.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.