Job ID: 2012-37262
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IL-Chicago-Riverside Campus
Posted Date: 8/17/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, and Ross University Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology. DeVry’s institutions serve students in secondary through postsecondary education and professionals in accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Enterprise Application Engineer is responsible for developing and deploying integrated digital marketing solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprise. The Engineer formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research to develop or modify
information systems and will be the solution lead that will design and develop
web-related and digital marketing software and maintain business and marketing
web-based applications. This includes assisting in the preparation of, or
preparing, detailed specifications from which programs will be written. The
Engineer also participates in component and architecture design and possesses
skills and knowledge of methodologies and processes for developing digital marketing and web technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the design, development, and testing of enhancements or new
- Evaluates business requests, gathers business requirements, analyzes, designs
and develops innovative solutions for Search Engine Optimization utilizing
web-based application and leveraging Content Management Solutions to meet the
business and end-user requirements and metrics.
- Learns business functions to effectively participate in technical analysis,
design, construction and implementation.
- Designs, develops, tests and supports custom web driven digital media
applications software for Website pages, Web Services, Adobe CQ, Metadata, API
etc. as appropriate using code authoring tools such as Adobe, Apache or others
to satisfy the applications’ business requirements.
- Documents consistently and accurately on all application projects. Collaborates
with marketing leads and understands web analytics and other metrics to drive
web content changes.
- Works concurrently on multiple projects and maintains flexibility to perform
multiple tasks effectively.
- Performs release, agile or process based SDLC development, configuration and
administrative functions as required.
- Communicates and maintains a productive working relationship with user base
of product/service line as well as all appropriate parties to an assignment,
both internal and external to IT.
- Reports appropriate and correct status to project leadership, manager and
- Functions as subject matter expert for technologies supporting web and digital
media solutions. Recommends web
development standards and new technology solutions when applicable.
- Leads and drives the overall project solution deliverables, and emphasizes and
follows teamwork (i.e. TEACH values).
- Responsibilities may include supervisory of other technical resources.
- Ability/willingness to mentor/lead junior developers on the team. Provides
input to users or other teams who seek individuals’ input.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required, Master’s degree preferred or equivalent specialized training certificates.
- 5-8 years of verifiable hands-on experience in
developing SEO/SEM, CMS web based digital business applications using tomcat,
programming languages or digital media web-based applications, Adobe CQ, SOA,
CRX, WCM, etc.
- Experience working as a key senior solutions
developer/analyst on a minimum of 4-5 full lifecycle SEO/CMS implementation and
integration projects (at least 2 of these must have involved integration with
web based applications / systems)
- Proficient in using PHP, HTML, MySQL, Adobe CQ,
CMS, WCM, databases, web server to develop and deploy software updates or agile
and sometimes daily/nightly releases
- Experienced in / familiar with Migration Tools and
services and teamwork
- Good understanding of all SEO/CMS out of the box
standard objects and functionality and the know how to determine how they can
be used to fulfill specific business requirements in an application
- Good understanding of how and when to use out of
the box SEO/CMS data lead assignment rules and when to use custom code for lead
- Good understanding of SDLC and Agile software
- Good understanding of object oriented concepts and
relational database concepts
- Ability to translate high level business
requirements into CMS/Web based/Website implementation requirements and design
- Good understanding of agile deployment, release
management techniques and constraints
- Ability and flexibility to work overtime / weekend
hours to meet planned project deadlines if needed
- Previous experience in Higher Education industry
- CMS, MySQL or web based administrator, developer training, JSR 170,
- Strong developer certification highly preferred
- Strong communication skills (technical and non-technical).
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.