Job ID: 2012-40450
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/6/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: No FLSA
About DeVry University:
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs  onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Il. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu. 
The DeVry Medical International Education Review Program (MERP), http://medicalreviewprogram.com , located in Freeport, Grand Bahamas Island, invites applications for a faculty post at any rank in Physiology/Biophysics. Our mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective, successful physicians in the United States. Basic science coursework is taken in the Caribbean and students then complete their clinical studies in the United States. After passing all prerequisite examinations, Ross graduates are licensed to practice medicine in all 50 states of the U.S. DeVry Medical International is a division of DeVry, Inc (NYSE:DV)
Education is the primary focus of the faculty. The academic year is divided into three semesters with a new class of students admitted each semester. Lectures and other educational responsibilities continue throughout the year. Effective teachers are sought, particularly individuals who are interested in improving medical education and who work well on a team. Research opportunities exist, primarily in the area of medical education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The preparation of course material (handouts, lectures, assessments (exams quizzes and clinical cases)
- Prepare, administer and evaluate examinations to assess the development of student accomplishments
- The delivery of effective lectures
- The preparation, administration, marking and reporting of examinations
- Prepare instructional plans and career analyses to reflect current changes in the field
- Advise individuals or groups of students in academic matters and exercise professional judgment in referring students to appropriate personnel
- Develop new instructional materials and teaching techniques with participation in on-going reviews and revision of curriculum planning
- Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve teaching and subject matter competence
- Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course content
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the Director of MERP and other academic leaders.
- Ph.D. in Physiology or Biophysics or M.D./Ph.D.
- Enthusiastic teacher with previous teaching experience at a North American or United Kingdom medical school.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.