Job ID: 2012-41179
# Positions: 1
Location: US-CA-Elk Grove
Posted Date: 12/19/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry University:
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs  onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Il. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu. 
The Assistant Registrar assists the Registrar in managing and coordinating the daily operations of the Registrar’s office. This includes staff supervision, registration activities, maintaining student records, reporting and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. In Metro’s that have two or more campuses, the Assistant Registrar may act as the Campus Registrar and/or oversee student systems and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Registrar with the overall operations of the Registrar’s office, maintains accurate student file information and provide excellent customer service for internal and external clients.
- Assists the Registrar in the management of major activities including the campus reports registering students, and internal and external audits and reports.
- May supervise assigned staff, provides timely feedback sessions for development and conducts annual performance reviews
- Assists the Registrar with management of key processes such as: transcript evaluation, student certifications, attendance record keeping, new and continuing student registration, grade processing and progression, and initiatives that support new student orientation and student persistence/retention.
- Assists the Registrar in support of operations for the DeVry University Centers as needed.
- Assists the Registrar with the coordination of training for other departments on enrollment policies, procedures and system updates as needed.
- Provides backup coverage for other Registrar staff to include filing, front desk coverage and general office activities as required.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in post secondary education administration required. Experience in a Registrar’s office preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Database management experience required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Supervisory experience required (minimum 2 years).
- Project Management Experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required as well as demonstrated customer service skills. Must be detailed oriented, well organized and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Data entry experience necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.