University of North Texas
Program/Project Coordinator I
Teacher Education is an important part of the mission of the college at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Departments of Teacher Education and Administration offer post-baccalaureate programs that may lead to a master's degree for career changers interested in teaching at the elementary or secondary level and in bilingual, ESL or special education. The concept of teachers as guides for engaged learners is foundational to the UNT programs, which are accredited by the state and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
The Program/Project Coordinator I position will be responsible to coordinate the Title III-National Professional Development Project "Nexus" activities. This position will report directly to the Project Director and provide supervision to one student assistant who will assist with the day to day clerical duties pertaining to Project "NEXUS".
Project activities include, but will not be limited to:
* Keep up with the web portal with mathematics and science resources for participants
* Work closely with school district liaisons, Region 10 Service Center, and external evaluation team to make sure that all the activities are planned well and executed successfully and as proposed in the project
* Coordinate with the co-principal investigator to help recruit and plan training for faculty members and pre-service teacher candidates
* Maintain records about participants
* Orders, receives and maintains inventory of project Nexus supplies and receipts
* Processes travel authorization and travel voucher forms as needed
* Helps prepares annual performance reports
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess a Master's Degree in Education with a focus in ESL and /or Bilingual Education, will have proficiency in Spanish and in English, will have experience working on projects.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and two references with the on-line application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu 
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.