Job ID: 2012-39407
# Positions: 1
Location: US-NY-New York
Posted Date: 1/10/2013
Division: DeVry University
Department: Student Finance
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Under the direction of the Center Dean, Campus Director, Student Central Manager/Dean/Director or department head, the Operations Support Coordinator I performs routine and recurring student, faculty, and operational services required in the operations of a DeVry University Campus/Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Center Dean, Campus Director, Assistant Center Dean, Student Central Manager/Dean/Director or department head in the operations of the location.
- Supports the continuing student and academic area at the Center/Campus.
- Greets and directs prospective and/or current students or visitors.
- Answers incoming calls, provides information to each caller, refers calls to appropriate person, and takes messages.
- Responds to student questions and/or requests; fields student complaints and resolves, if able; and/or escalates concerns, as necessary.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and reserves and prepares facilities
- Prepares activities reports for guidance of management.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Photocopies, collates and distributes correspondence, articles, reports, bulletins, etc.
- Assists student finance department by scheduling appointments for new and continuing students, handing out and collecting documents.
- Supports Student Central staff with outreach to students regarding registration, appointments, or other requests for information as needed.
- Appropriately documents student interactions in RightNow.
- Effectively uses the Student Central Check-In system to assist with managing and tracking the student traffic in the department.
- Supports the new student recruitment and registration process at the Center/Campus.
- Administers and proctors admissions assessments and records scores into appropriate system in a timely manner.
- Provides support to students, faculty and staff in need of the library’s resources.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous administrative support or customer service experience preferred. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, and database management software required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work non-traditional shifts including weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to work overtime required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.