Job ID: 2012-40396
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/2/2013
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Working remotely and reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Admissions/West Coast, the Associate Director of Admissions (ADA) is responsible for identifying, interviewing, and recommending new students into the three medical school and three veterinary school classes each year. The ADA will be assigned a territory and have complete accountability for identifying prospective students and subsequently interviewing regional applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visits territorial undergraduate institutions, pre-med clubs and pre-vet clubs.
- Conducts applicant admission interviews, information seminars and presentations for potential applicants to RUSVM and RUSM.
- Represents the University at health and career events and at selected professional meetings.
- Serves as the contact and resource person for all students from their territory.
- Follows up on contacts provided by the central office through the enrollment process.
- Advise applicants on the application process and policies.
- Updates and maintains inquiry databases, applicant databases, and prepares weekly and monthly activity reports as requested.
- Travels overseas to campuses as assigned to maintain and continually improve understanding of medical education and specifically our unique operations.
- Bachelors Degree required; master’s preferred
- Must live in Southern California
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience.
- Previous graduate admissions experience or familiarity with the health sciences.
- Ability to reason and make decisions independent of direct management.
- Analysis abilities required to maximize efforts within a multi-state territory with multiple demands placed upon his/her time.
- Must operate independently of day to day or even week to week direct management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, clear driving record and flexible schedule.
- Engaging public speaking and presentation abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and the ability to interact with graduate level faculty, staff and students.
- Motivated to achieve success and meet goals as outlined by the SADA
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office, database proficiency a plus
- Education industry experience in Admissions a plus.
- Must be able up to travel 50% of the time.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.