Alumnae Outreach Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Director of Alumnae Relations
Mills College is a nationally respected independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for both women and men. Located on 135 lush acres in the foothills of Oakland, California, the College enrolls approximately 946 undergraduate women and 597 graduate women and men. Consistently ranked one of the top colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report and one of the “Best 377 Colleges” by The Princeton Review, Mills provides a dynamic liberal arts education fostering women’s leadership, social responsibility, and creativity.
The Alumnae Outreach Coordinator is responsible for two key areas in the work of Mills’ Alumnae Relations Office: 1) managing or supporting volunteer-driven fundraising efforts, including the Class Agent Program and affinity group fundraising campaigns, and 2) coordinating and producing email and print invitations to promote alumnae events.
• Manage Class Agent Program; recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to solicit their classmates through mail, email, and phone campaigns; develop new engagement strategies for volunteers to increase affinity and participation with peers.
• Coordinate and support selected affinity group fundraising campaigns.
• In coordination with the Associate Director of Alumnae Outreach and another Alumnae Outreach Coordinator, bridge work of class agents and class secretaries with Reunion planning and giving activities.
• Promote the use of online community tools among lead volunteers.
• In coordination with the communications team, schedule all email campaigns promoting events organized by the alumnae relations team, by regional clubs, or by affinity groups.
• Produce and copy-edit HTML email invitations and print invitations for these events.
• Post event listings on alumnae.mills.edu.
• Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
• Establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation towards all persons contacted during the course of job performance.
• Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures, and requirements.
• Perform related duties as needed.
• At least two years of fundraising experience, including experience gained as a volunteer or while a student.
• Demonstrated experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience with producing email marketing campaigns and posting website content.
• Familiarity with basic HTML, inline CSS, and email marketing best practices and willingness to improve skills in these areas.
• Ability to judge the quality of visual design in online and email contexts, recognize design problems, and develop solutions.
• Knowledge of and experience applying copy editing guidelines, particularly those of the Chicago Manual of Style.
• Experience with balancing multiple projects effectively under tight deadlines, and ability to anticipate and react with flexibility to changes in deadlines and priorities.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Computer and word processing experience required.
• Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance/403b retirement plan, 10 days of vacation the first year and 12 sick days prorated to FTE, plus 13 paid holidays annually. Staff also receives free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills’ non-discrimination policy, pleased go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nond... .
Please go to:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references, and the Mills College Application Form. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until the position is filled