Summary of Responsibilities:
Develop and teach a variety of courses related to the college’s nursing programs. Foster student achievement of discipline-specific, college-wide, and transfer degree learning outcomes. Assess and modify curriculum as needed to meet the changing needs of industry. Teach classes in a variety of timeframes and delivery formats. Work with other faculty and administrators to plan, implement, and update program and program materials. Take part in college activities, student advising, mentoring part-time faculty and scheduling. This position reports to director of nursing programs.
* Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university required
* Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Washington State
* Five years’ work experience as an RN; recent medical/surgical nursing clinical experience preferred
* Two years' experience in nursing education and current knowledge of nursing practice at the practical nurse or associate degree program level; two years administrative experience preferred
* Hold or be eligible to obtain a professional-technical certificate to teach in the technical area; valid First Aid certificate required
* Recent college teaching experience and experience with various teaching methods
* Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications preferred
* Experience in and commitment to working with undergraduate education strongly preferred
* Willingness to participate on college, division, or department committees
* Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
* Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
REQUIRED: You must apply for this job through the college's online application process at http://www.lwtech.edu .