The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry
This individual must be able to independently develop a research program in a field associated with emergency care or emergency medicine. As part of developing a research program, this individual must be able to successfully submit protocols to the Research Subjects Review Board for approval, to write manuscripts for publication, and write grant proposals to federal agencies and foundations. This individual must follow the promotion and tenure requirements of the University of Rochester.
Skills / Requirements:
- Proficient in English.
- A strong commitment to research in the emergency care setting.
- A proven ability to write scientific documents.
- A track record of publications commensurate with appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent) in a scientific field such as epidemiology, health services research
A post-offer health assessment is required.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.