Requisition Number: 19810BR
Department: Sch of Management
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 5
Posting Position Title: Deputy Director Career Development
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 135 Prospect (mail: SOM)
1. Initiates, implements, and communicates admission, financial aid, internship, and career services strategic plans, policies, and procedures. Assesses and refines content of recruitment, admissions and career placement programs based on current trends and demographics.
2. Designs, initiates, develops and conducts programs and materials for recruitment seminars and workshops for prospective students, families, secondary schools and alumni committees. Develops and implements career fairs, panels and other programming for student career services.
3. Serves as a member of Admission Committee; participates in final admission decisions. Evaluates, assesses and presents candidates meeting University standards to Admission Committees.
4. Develops and maintains relationships with employers and internship sponsors to facilitate career opportunity development with external constituencies, including alumni.
5. Develops marketing materials and admissions publications to inform students, prospective students and families about available services, University policy and academic developments.
6. Supervises, develops, and trains a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
7. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field and six years of experience in admissions, registration, placement, financial aid, student counseling or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.