Requisition Number: 18308BR
Department: ITS Production Services
University Job Title: Manager, IT
Posting Position Title: Manager, High Performance Computing Systems Team
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: West Campus
Worksite Address: W-A21
1. Leads, manages, and advises a team of technical experts on all aspects of policies, practices, systems, and procedures within the department.
2. Provides managerial and technical expertise regarding the daily operations in one or more functional areas.
3. Manages and implements guidelines and systems and recommends changes to maintain consistency with the mission of department objectives.
4. Manages and works extensively with staff to develop and administer support plans.
5. Participates on project teams and act as a liaison with other institutions, campus organizations, vendors, and committees.
6. Works with all units to identify, analyze, and develop approaches that successfully meets the goals and objectives of ITS and the University as a whole.
7. Defines and tracks service metrics and work with staff to meet client needs and service standards.
8. Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to the process, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
9. Manages the operating budget for their organizational unit.
10. Recruits and trains technical staff.
11. Ensures compliance and timeliness of all Federal and State regulatory requirements.
12. Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field.
Six years of related technical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.