Requisition Number: 17483BR
Department: Physical Plant
University Job Title: Equipment Mechanic
Bargaining Unit: L35
Job Category: Service & Maintenance
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Week: Non Standard Work Week
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 344 Winchester Ave
1. Performs assignments under limited supervision.
2. Directs the work of employees under the direction of the supervisor.
3. Under the direction of the supervisor, assumes general responsibility for the completion of assignments.
4. Determines the manpower and material requirements and the means and methods to be used in accomplishing work assignments and recommends changes.
5. Secures materials, supplies and equipment.
6. Installs, repairs, replaces, maintains or alters any warm air, chill water, steam or hot water systems, including necessary piping and associated pumping equipment.
7. Diagnoses, services, installs and maintains, mechanical equipment such as but not limited to motors, compressors, pumps, laboratory equipment, kitchen appliances, fans, autoclaves, air handling units, cage washing equipment, control valves, centrifuges and other equipment related to the trade.
8. Performs incidental work required on the equipment maintained by the trade.
9. Maintains clean work area and/or cleans job site.
10. Trains lower labor grade employees using various training methods.
11. Observes safety standards and practices.
12. Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two or more years maintaining laboratory and dining hall equipment, HVAC equipment or related type work.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: No
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.