Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Enrollment and the Vice President for Student Affairs. The Director of Admissions and Scholarships coordinates and supervises the overall planning and operation of the University's admission unit, general scholarship and immigration program.
1. Oversees and manages undergraduate admission office, scholarship office, and international services office.
2. Oversees the processing of undergraduate admissions applications.
3. Oversees the processing and evaluation of undergraduate transcripts.
4. Supervises immigration matters for both F-1 and J-1 programs.
5. Administers SEVIS compliance for the university.
6. Provides information and guidance to prospective students and their parents.
7. Represents MSU at conferences, meetings, and other official programs.
8. Develops a close working relationship with the academic deans and department heads at MSU.
9. Serves as liaison between the Office of Admissions and Scholarships and campus departments.
10. Manages the evaluation and decision making process of admissions decisions and scholarship offers.
11. Interpret any changes in admission, scholarships, and immigration policies.
12. Keeps abreast of university policy that affects the admission, scholarship, and international office.
13. Participates in the overall leadership in the Division of Student Affairs.
14. Performs additional duties as required by the Executive Director of Enrollment and the Vice President for Student Affairs.