The School of Business is seeking a full time Program Manager to work for the School's Executive MBA Program. The incumbent will report to the Director of the Hartford Executive MBA, Part-time MBA, an Executive Education Programs, and will provide program management and administrative coordination for the Program. The position will be based in downtown Hartford, but may require occasional travel to other School of Business campuses including Storrs, Waterbury, and Stamford; and may require travel to other locations throughout Connecticut. Weekend and evening hours will be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: responsible for generating prospective EMBA applicants by attending information sessions, open houses, local and regional recruiting events, and developing other methods for generating prospective students, as well as planning and overseeing information sessions, open houses, and other recruiting events; works in conjunction with the Director, Assistant Director, and Executive Education Program Manager to develop new corporate-sponsored students by calling directly on businesses; Responsible for managing the "prospective student pipeline" with the online tool, developing and maintaining electronic and hard copy student files, reviewing transcripts and screening applicants for admission to the Program; participates in interviewing candidates and provides admit/decline input; plans and oversees orientation sessions, In-Residence Week events, seminars, international trips and all other off-site program activities for students; coordinates and monitors the day-to-day administration of the program; oversees program coordination and logistics; recommends and/or develops policies and procedures and monitors compliance with existing policies and procedures; serves as a resource to potential and current students, faculty, staff and others on matters relating to program policies, procedures and activities.
- Master's degree in discipline appropriate to the program to be served and at least 1 to 2 years relevant experience; or Bachelor's degree and at least 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Prior experience independently implementing program, and identifying and resolving day-to-day program problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize workshops/training courses/curricula and training materials appropriate to program to be served.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with faculty, staff, students, administrators as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Experience working in a higher education environment in a University setting.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, planning and executing program, center, or School events.
- Experience using Peoplesoft or another student administration system.
- Experience working with mature students, executives and other professionals.
- Proven ability to successfully recruit and counsel students.
- Demonstrated success in new business development.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Please apply online using Husky Hire to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. For full consideration, please apply by December 27, 2012. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.