Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
The NTES Program Representative serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process. Primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and to recruit those prospective students into one of APU's bachelor degree completion programs
- Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Two - Three years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous admissions experience is preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students; providing consistent, accurate and timely information about APU and its bachelor degree completion programs via phone, email and mail correspondence.
- Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to admitted and admitted to enrolled yield goals.
- Schedule and promote information meetings for prospective students in order to answer questions and accept applications for admission.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with personnel at community colleges in order to promote APU’s degree completion programs; visit these institutions on a regular basis to meet with students and touch base with the transfer personnel who work at the college.
- Create and maintain relationships with non-education institutions in the community in order to recruit students for APU degree completion programs from those organizations.
- Works in conjunction with the department chair/programs director, ensures prospective students enroll in the appropriate APU degree program to meet their career objectives.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students
- Represents and promotes APU at various transfer and school fairs
- Coordinates and leads information meetings for assigned degree programs.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with support staff, faculty, program directors and department chairs that enhance quality customer service
- Provides input for university marketing efforts for degree programs
- Utilizes the Azusa Pacific University student database system to run weekly roster reports and to daily document student contact interactions.
- Prepares and maintains weekly inquiry and applicant reports
- Periodically represents APU at various national conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive director, director and/or associate director
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills in word processing and data entry; self-management and organizational skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to keep confidentiality with discretion and good judgment
- Ability to take direction and establish trust with others
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information
- Embrace the purpose and mission of the university in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students
- Able to read a computer monitor.
- The position requires repetitive typing motion and sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Occasional standing for extended periods while making presentations or attending recruitment fairs.
- Hearing and speaking on the phone.
- Ability to conduct business at various offices on campus, traveling to and from offices on foot, or by motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop to low file drawers and reach top drawers of five-drawer file cabinet.
- Availability to travel locally, and on occasion, nationally. Must be currently licensed to drive in the state of California.
- Computer monitor reading
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
For Staff jobs please apply directly at
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.