Requisition Number: 19169BR
Department: Cust Svs
University Job Title: Manager 4
Posting Position Title: Facilities Superintendent, Area Manager
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 40.0 hrs (M-F, 8:00-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: HGS
1. Evaluates unit, department, or school needs and determines the appropriate maintenance and custodial services required.
2. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures pertaining to facility maintenance, use, and safety.
3. Ensures complaints regarding building maintenance, custodial services, and safety are resolved.
4. Monitors supply, procurement, inventory control, and shipping and receiving functions to ensure building maintenance supplies are available.
5. Develops and implements contractual safeguards to ensure fulfillment of work and materials warranties.
6. Investigates and resolves building system malfunctions; coordinates repairs and maintenance to facility and physical plant.
7. Assures compliance with safety and building code standards and specifications within University policies and procedures guidelines.
8. Interacts with internal contacts to arrange for custodial services, discuss fire and safety systems, and coordinate departmental requirements for facility use.
9. Interacts with outside contacts to engage maintenance services, arrange for repairs, and obtain information and price quotes for programs as needed.
10. Participates in budget development process to ensure adequate operating funds are available for buildings and physical plant.
11. Manages a staff of exempt and nonexempt employees.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Seven years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.