University of Phoenix is the largest private university in North America with
more than 200 locations in 40 states and abroad. Since 1976, we’ve made
it possible for nearly half a million people to get the education they need
without putting their lives on hold.
We’re regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a
member of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org). University of Phoenix
offers more than 20 degree programs with 50 concentrations at the
associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level. While widely available,
not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your
current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean
you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time
career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their
fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
University of Phoenix is currently seeking faculty members at this
Oakland Learning Center – Bay Area Campus
Oakland, CA 94612
In a range of subject areas, including
• Academic Writing
• Business Law
• Business Research
• Family Nursing
• Financial Reporting/Accounting
• Global and Homeland Security
• Healthcare Delivery
• Healthcare Finance
• Healthcare Human Resources
• Healthcare Information Systems
• Healthcare Leadership and Management
• Healthcare Marketing
• Healthcare Policy
• Healthcare Research
• Humanities: Historical
• Juvenile Justice Systems
• Law Enforcement Operations
• Nursing Research
• Policy Analysis
All faculty applicants must have a master’s degree or higher,
however prior teaching experience is not required. Our curriculum
is centrally developed with input from industry leaders so you can
focus on connecting with students. We’ll train you and provide a
faculty mentor to help you gain confidence in the classroom.
To see what life is like as a University of Phoenix faculty member,
explore these resources:
Faculty profiles, videos and FAQs
Open faculty positions
Our quarterly faculty magazine
Besides the flexibility, you’ll appreciate the other benefits of becoming a
faculty member at University of Phoenix. You’ll:
– Help others succeed by sharing your knowledge
– Improve your communication and leadership skills
– Strengthen your professional network
– Expand your own expertise
Grow—personally, professionally and financially—while helping others.
TO APPLY, please complete the application at
"University of Phoenix is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer"
Required knowledge and skills
– Master’s degree in respective college academic programs or related field
required; terminal degree strongly preferred.
– Three to five years of experience in a field related to the content of the
academic program; familiarity with adult education experience
– High level of problem-solving and decision-making abilities to respond to
student issues and concerns, evaluate students for retention, assess student
work and abilities and to facilitate the learning experience.
– Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to
communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students,
faculty, employees and external parties.
– Ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the
organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community.