Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
- Provides administrative and technical support for the Office of Research and the Office of Sponsored Research and Grants.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Four – six years of secretarial experience, preferably in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as administrative assistant for the Office of Research and the Office of Sponsored Research and Grants (e.g., preparing paperwork, maintaining the calendars, submitting faculty requests, planning meetings and events, arranging travel plans, and ordering office supplies and materials).
- Serves as receptionist, providing information and acting as liaison with students and faculty.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming phone calls, provides information to inquiries.
- Maintains general office files, records, and reports.
- Facilitates and coordinates meetings and activities.
- Assists in the preparation of annual reports.
- Prepares letters as requested by the directors.
- Monitors monthly budget transactions; facilitates transactions using electronic purchasing system; processes graduate and undergraduate student research awards as approved by the director of OR.
- Processes the purchasing of office supplies and the printing of forms and materials.
- Is responsible for award management (financial and administrative) and is involved from pre-award stages through termination of contracts or grants.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Office of Research and the Director of Sponsored Research and Grants.
- Type 55 WPM.
- Self-starter with strong management and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language. A second language is desirable.
- Ability to proofread.
- Ability to relate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Able to manage a number of different tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion, with logical problem solving.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Repetitive use of wrists/fingers on the computer.
- Hearing and speaking demands.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to reach, lift, grasp, and bend.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Exchange, Word.
For Staff jobs please apply directly at https://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.