Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor in Health Education. Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban, residential, historically black university offering 53 majors, and 12 graduate degree programs to nearly 4,000 students enrolled in day, evening, on-line, and weekend undergraduate and graduate courses.
The Department of Health and Human Performance at Coppin State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position specializing in the area of Health Education beginning July 2013. The individual in this position will teach evidence-based courses in the Health Education Studies Program. The teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester.
- Teach upper level courses in Health Education and Health Promotion, Health Sciences Research, Human Disease Prevention and Control, Health and Older Adults and Epidemiology.
- Lower level course in variety of core health education courses including personal health, human sexuality, health and wellness, drug abuse Health Personal Health, Health and Urban Living, Community Health, and Nutrition, Exercise and Weight Control.
- Serve as the advisor to the Health Education Studies Program, recruit student for the program, schedule classes and serve on Departmental, and University-wide committees and participate in campus to community partnerships.
- Doctorate Degree is required in health education or public health.
- ABD candidates will also be considered if there is evidence that the candidate will complete the degree within one year.
- CHES Certification is also preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with university teaching experience in one or more of the following: personal health, health behavior change, human sexuality, drug abuse education, nutrition education, health program planning and evaluation and minority health issues as well in community health, epidemiology, health and older adults, and other upper level course described above.
- Applicants must possess commitment to excellence in teaching, research, service, and an obvious potential for scholarly activity. Additionally, applicants must have demonstrated the ability to work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds with sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to utilize technology in the classroom are required.
Applicants must submit a letter that describes their health educational philosophy, career goals, teaching experience, and research interests relative to this position. They must also submit official transcripts, detailed curriculum vitae, proof of CHES certification, and three letters of reference. Items should be sumbitted to:
Coppin State University
Office of Human Resources
2500 West North Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21216-3698
Email: email@example.com 
Note: Incomplete packets will not receive consideration. Be sure to include vacancy #R20108 in your letter of interest. Complete application packets must be received by December 26 , 2012.