Posting Title : SENIOR PATIENT SERVICES LIASION - The Craniofacial Pain and Headache Center (TMD)
Requisition Number : 1625
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Craniofacial Pain and Headache Center (TMD) specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of complex painful disorders of the head and neck region. The mission of the center is to provide a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation, a concise and coordinated pain management plan in a holistic, integrated biomedical patient-focused manner.
The Senior Patient Services Liaison (PSL) acts as a workflow leader for the TMD providers and residents. The Senior PSL works colloboratively with the manager to ensure consistently efficient customer service, as well as expert management of patient information for patients seeking treatment in The Craniofacial Pain and Headache Center (TMD). The Senior PSL must be self-directed with excellent problem solving and decision making capabilities. In the absence of the practice manager, the Senior PSL is able to perform basic managerial functions. The Senior PSL is expected to be a leader among their peers and set the bar for exceptional service.
This Senior PSL position also encompasses all aspects of the PSL position, including:
- Checking patients in/out,
- Insurance verification, prior authorizations and referrals,
- Intake of phone calls, scheduling, treatment planning, monitoring fax and e-mail from patients, and internal customers,
- Collecting dental and medical billing fees and managing all aspects of patient and practice flow.
Job Description - Requirements :
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years in dental/medical practice setting.
- Advances computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Dental/medical terminology.
- Candidates must have thorough knowledge and understanding of basic clinic operations, proven ability to organize work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to maintain confidential information, sound decision making skills, strong work ethic, strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous deadlines, ability to problem solve, ability to lead and manage by example and ability to work well with others. Ability to write grammatically and structurally correct sentences. Must be professional and courteous and be able to interact well with a diverse population; highly organized and be able to prioritize with minimal supervision. Ability to work in an extremely busy environment with many interruptions. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and demands on time. Ability to lift up to 20lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Vocational/Technical training, dental/medical terminology certification or Associates Degree
- 5 years experience
- Billing certifications
- Knowledge of electronic dental insurance billing, insurance processes, i.e., prior authorizations and referrals
- Understanding of dental terminology and coding
- Knowledge of AxiUm software is preferable
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- At times there will be a need to work beyond set clinic hours.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs 
JOB REQUISITION #: 1625
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.