Posting Title : DENTAL ASSISTANT III - Tufts Dental Associates
Requisition Number : 1648
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Tufts Dental Associates (TDA) has as its primary purpose the ongoing development and maintenance of a group dental practice that affords full-time faculty of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine the opportunity to practice dentistry and oral surgery at the School of Dental Medicine. Participation in TDA encourages faculty members to maintain working relationships with other clinicians, and provides a private patient care facility for the Tufts community and residents of the greater Boston area. TDA consists of faculty members practicing within the facilities provided by the University and those practicing in affiliated hospitals.
The Dental Assistant III will assist general dentists and specialty dentists chair side.
- Greeting and escorting patients;
- Taking radiographs as instructed by the provider;
- Setting up and breaking down operatories and clean operatory areas after each patient;
- Sterilization and maintaining equipment and materials in accordance with OSHA, federal and state guidelines;
- Stocking all materials needed in the clinic on a daily basis;
- Supporting the front desk operations, which includes ability to schedule appointments, check in patients, collect and verify patient demographics, retrieve charts, document treatments plans and other tasks in support of office administration.
Job Description - Requirements :
- Vocational/Technical training or Associates degree with 3-5 years experience in multi-specialty dentistry.
- Certified Dental Assistant and Radiology certification.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS, Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Warm and caring personality needed in dealing with patients.
- A team player and willing to participate in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Familiarity with clinical care. Institution or university experience.
- Demonstrated willingness to articulate creative and innovative ideas for improving daily clinical activities, and laboratory procedures.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs 
JOB REQUISITION #: 1648
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds