The College and the Community
Established in 1934, Lee College is a comprehensive community college offering university transfer programs, career and technical education, corporate and continuing education, and academic development.
Lee College is a vibrant, continuously evolving, mid-sized institution serving an industrial community. The college is located in Baytown, Texas, approximately 30 miles east of Houston. The third largest city in Houston metropolitan area, Baytown has a diverse population of more than 60,000. It is a prosperous industrial community that offers a competitive cost of living, a variety of employment opportunities, and a strong tax base provided by corporations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips, and Bayer.
Teach credit and developmental student success courses. Candidate may be required to teach evening, distance education, and dual credit courses.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in departmental and college committees and activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students as needed.
- Actively participate in the assessment of course and program level student learning outcomes.
Organize the training required for teaching this course, responsible for working with counseling to place students correctly within this course, track student progress through the course, deal with student issues surrounding this course, and meet regularly with LSSS instructors during the semester to discuss their concerns with content of the course.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in Education or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Education.
- Teaching experience with Student Success or EDUC courses at an institute of higher education.
- Graduate hours in Learning Theory preferred.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants can view a detailed job posting and apply for the position on our website, https://jobs.lee.edu . Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org  or 281-425-6875 for more information.