Requisition Number: 19690BR
Department: Divinity Sch
University Job Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 409 Pros
1. Prepares and manages a high volume of correspondence, reports and documents.
2. Supervises a secretary/receptionist and assigns work on behalf of Executive Leadership and other professional staff in the office of Executive Leadership. Serves as office manager, oversees and coordinates all clerical and facilities needs.
3. Screens, directs and responds to all inquiries or correspondence by obtaining and furnishing information.
4. Provides appropriate information when necessary during periods of Executive Leadership's unavailability.
5. Oversees the organization and coordination of meetings, conferences, events, travel, etc.
6. Manages and monitors technology needs, conducts inventory and assesses system requirements
7. Assists in reviewing and implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative functions.
8. Serves as primary contact between the Executive Leadership's office and other offices and staff and faculty.
9. Implements and maintains complex office systems.
10. Manages complex schedule and calendar for Executive Leadership and the office.
11. Arranges and prepares agenda/materials for meetings, conferences, events, etc.
12. Prepares and collects documents and materials for meetings.
13. Interacts with staff at all organizational levels to gather information and/or provide requested information.
14. Oversees on boarding activities for new staff members. Supports recruiting and other related efforts.
15. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and five years of related experience to include three years of supervisory experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.