Requisition Number: 19257BR
University Job Title: Research Assistant 1 HSS
Bargaining Unit: L34
Job Category: Clerical & Technical
Type of Employment: Part Time
Duration Type: Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period: 1 year from date of hire
Other Fixed Duration Date: 31-Oct-2013
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?: Yes
Work Week: Non Standard Work Week
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: Institute of Living; 200 Retreat Ave., Hartford, CT
1. Researches and collects data through site or home visit intakes; library research; structured interviews; or through other means for designated research assignments.
2. Records and compiles information related to research data. Codes data accordingly to research specifications. Uses a computer terminal to input and retrieve data and to generate reports.
3. Processes and summarizes data using scientific or statistical techniques. Assists in data interpretation and analyses. Reports on status of research activities.
4. Recruits study participants and ensures that subject recruitment and follow-up are completed per protocol procedures.
5. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. May assist in designing, developing, and modifying research experiments, procedures, or survey instruments. May assist research and support staff.
6. Performs additional functions incidental to research activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: No
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.