Job ID: 2012-39161
# Positions: 2
Posted Date: 10/5/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV, member S&P 500 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, and Ross University Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology. DeVry’s institutions serve students in secondary through postsecondary education and professionals in accounting and finance.
This position is the first level within the Advisor job family. In this role, the incumbent will be trained by successfully completing an initial training and/or certification process. Under supervision, the Advisor I is responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment including all phases of the Admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment. Resolves most enrollment questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad Admissions knowledge.
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments.
- Networks and develops professional relationships to generate personally-developed inquiries.
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process.
- Screens potential student applicants by phone and sets campus interviews.
- Assesses prospective students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be enrolled through graduation.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain academic programs.
- Handles appointments, interviews and applications in a professional and timely manner.
- Advises students in program selection, test counseling, registration, etc.
- Provides general customer service to students from enrollment through graduation
- Performs consistently to meet performance targets.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
Previous Admissions experience helpful but not required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.