Butte-Glenn Community College
Community Service Officer (Non-Sworn)
Job Code: 1213-00011
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 12/04/12 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 01/07/13 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Not Displayed
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Main Campus, California
Exam Number: 1213-00011
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
32 hours per week 12 months per year
16 hours per week 12 months per year (weekends)
$18.10 per hour
Please specify position you are interested in: (32 hours 12 months), (16 hours 12 months), or (both).
Under direction performs a variety of duties and responsibilities related to providing protection of life and property on campus; responding to non-criminal calls for service; and initiating pro-active parking enforcement.
Provide clerical assistance to department functions as needed.
The duties recorded below are representative of the duties of the class and are not intended to cover all the duties performed by incumbent(s) of any particular position. The essential duties of the class are indicated with an asterisk *.
1. Patrol campus to protect life and property*
2. Inspect and check the security of doors, windows, and gates*
3. Respond to reports of parking violations and issue citations as required*
4. Assist sworn personnel in conducting investigations of violations of laws and District policies*
5. Prepare non-criminal, incident, traffic, and accident/injury reports*
6. Remain alert for and report fire hazards, extinguish small blazes, and report fires to fire department*
7. Take immediate action to reduce danger and possible malfunctions of equipment*
8. Enforce parking laws on District property; control the parking and safe movement of vehicles in parking areas; assist persons with battery jumps and car lockouts*
9. Provide information to the general public while visiting District premises.
10. Provide escort to staff and students, as requested or necessitated*
11. Responds to on-campus emergencies in role of First Responder and may provide basic first aid/CPR as necessary*
12. Assist outside agencies including the Sheriff, Fire, and California Highway Patrol as requested by Butte Police Department authority*
13. Provide security for special events*
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
*Essential functions in conformance with Americans With Disabilities Act.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or G.E.D. or the equivalent AND
Two years of experience working within a public safety related position.
Experience closely related to the duties and responsibilities of the class is highly desired. First Aid/CPR is highly recommended.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Driver’s License must be maintained throughout duration of employment with the District.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: applicable Board of Trustees policies, administrative policies and procedures, basics of Penal/vehicle Code and other related codes.
Ability to: patrol effectively detecting and preventing problems; prepare accurate and comprehensive reports; make quick decisions in emergency situations; remember names, faces, and details of incidents; handle fire extinguisher equipment; and provide aid and directions. District employees may ultimately deal with employees and the community in a helpful, courteous, friendly and firm manner.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Not applicable – no assigned permanent staff to supervise. May provide work direction to student workers.
Operate District vehicle; walking, climbing stairs, occasional lifting of 50+ pounds.
Co-workers, faculty, staff, students, contractors of special events, outside agencies.
Law enforcement environment, subject to adverse weather conditions, hazardous materials. Work schedule may include nights, weekends, and holidays as requested.
All attachment types require that you attach a document. If you do not have a document that fits the categories listed, attach a document with N/A.
In a separate statement please describe how your past experience and qualifications meet the responsibilities of this position.
Butte College serves a diverse population. In a separate statement address how your skills, experience and education have prepared you to serve and meet the needs of a diverse student/staff population.
Only Required Attachments will be considered.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/buttecc/default.cfm