Req Number: 2067BR
Date updated:: 10-Dec-2012
External Job Description
Laureate Education, Inc. is a trusted global leader in providing access to high quality, innovative institutions of higher education. The Laureate International Universities network of more than 50 accredited campus-based and online universities offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to 600,000 students around the world. Our students are part of an international, academic community that spans 24 countries throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Northern Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Laureate International Universities offer more than 130 career-focused, undergraduate, master's and doctoral degree programs in fields including architecture, art, business, culinary arts, design, education, engineering, health sciences, hospitality, information technology, law and medicine.
The Executive Director, Finance for the Architecture Art and Design ('AAD') vertical of the Global Products and Services ('GPS') division of Laureate will be a key leadership member of the finance team who will work across the organization and functional boundaries using an understanding of the business and develop financial analyses/models and recommendations to support business planning and decision making. This role will work closely with the senior executive team of AAD and GPS to analyze historical results, identify business trends, assess viability of business opportunities, develop strategic plans, measuring success to provide recommendations for future business decisions.
The scope of responsibility for this high visibility position includes the full breadth of financial planning, forecasting and analysis. The position also requires a senior level of accounting proficiency and the ability to work effectively with the accounting function.
Position can be based in Baltimore, MD or Miami, FL.
· MBA degree required.
· Ten to fifteen plus years of accounting and FP&A experience required, minimum of five years at a senior leadership level
· Blend of experience in private / public industry preferred
· Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills with extensive experience developing and understanding complex business decision models using statistical analysis and other related methodologies.
· Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), applicable tax principles and relationships to ensure analytical accuracy.
· Working knowledge Sarbanes Oxley and internal/external audit review requirements.
· Must have proven experience at a senior management level serving multiple businesses, both US Domestic and international operations.
· Must be highly proficient with MS Office Suite.
· PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Nvision or other financial systems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to develop and deliver financial presentations to an executive level audience.
· Proven success record leading and building an agile workforce that responds quickly and effectively to changing business situations and demands.