University of Maryland in Baltimore is currently seeking a Clinical Research Nurse to work within the School of Medicine, Department of Cardiac Surgery. Under general supervision of the principal investigator, plans and carries out key elements of a clinical research project. Is responsible for timely completion of deliverables to meet the needs of the study sponsor, principal investigator and department administration.
* Determines recruitment strategy, project timeline and work plan to accomplish project (or program) deliverables.
* Consults with principal investigator and study monitor to clarify techniques and negotiate deliverables. Apprises them of project status.
* Oversees interaction with study participants, ensuring informed consent and compliance with protocol; monitoring subject symptoms; managing continuity of care.
* May be responsible for key study elements like selecting a tumor that will be followed in the trial.
* May supervise Exempt or Non-Exempt nurses or research assistants.
* May coordinate grant applications, literature reviews or perform other research support activities.
* Must be a currently licensed registered nurse.
* 3 years of experience as a registered nurse including at least 1 year of clinical research experience. Subject specialty may be necessary.
* Transcatheter aortic valve replacement experience is a plus
* May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of key practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, local laws, regulations, and policies.
* Skill in ethically communicating risks and benefits.
* Skill in meeting multiple priorities and studies in various stages of development.
* Ability to facilitate communications with the principal investigator, study sponsor and department administration.
* Comprehensive knowledge of research principles and practices.
* Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff.
* Skill in assurance of participant care.
* Ability to manage resources as diverse as budget, availability of examination rooms, and use of on-call staff.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Closing Deadline: Open until filled
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.