Req Number: 2080BR
Date updated:: 10-Dec-2012
External Job Description
The Research Analyst role provides data analysis and reporting for the Institutional Research and Assessment Department. This is a mid-level position that supports both the Assessment and Institutional Research departments of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include: Retrieve, QA, and analyze data from NewSchool of Architecture and Designs (NSAD) student information system, web-based surveys, and other data sources, in order to:
- Develop reports on institutional data/activites to meet Federal, state and accreditors' reporting requirements.
- Internal (NSAD and Laureate) ad-hoc data requests.
- Compute and communicate institutional data/activities, assessment data and analyses to internal audiences.
- Manage web-based data collection processes, including web surveys and internal databases.
- Quarterly and annual computation and reporting of institutional data and/or activities.
- Present reports and data in written and oral form.
- Create and maintain Institutional Research and Assessment SharePoint site.
- Collaborate with campus stakeholders in designing and developing systems and standardized procedures for data collection and dissemination.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in research methods and statistical analysis preferably within the social sciences or business; Master's degree preferred.
- At least two years of data analysis and reporting experiene within higher education.
- Ability to retrieve, analyze and present data in meaningful formats (tables, charts, graphs) to various audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Some experience with statistical software such as SPSS or equivalent.