Edison State College is a vibrant, open-door, baccalaureate degree granting public organization dedicated to educational excellence. At Edison, learning is a creative enterprise designed to encourage each student’s independence, intellectual gifts and thirst for knowledge. Our dedicated faculty teach from the heart, in a caring environment that fosters a sense of adventure, collaboration and respect for others. Located on the gulf coast in southwest Florida, Edison was established in 1962, and is the area’s oldest and fastest growing state college.
The Network Administrator is the lead person that designs, monitors and upgrades the Microsoft components of the College wide area network. The Network Administrator works in a team environment to ensure that the College wide area networks are responsive, reliable and effectively support teaching and learning at Edison State College.
Designs and implements Microsoft-based network segments which are fast and reliable. These network segments include components such as Windows 2003 Server, IIS, SQL, DNS, Active Directory, and DHCP.
Installs Microsoft-based network hardware and software, including new releases, patches, etc.
Writes and communicates clear, accurate procedure documentation.
Troubleshoots network problems and system failures involving hardware and software to determine the causes and recommends appropriate solutions.
Designs and maintains the network file storage system for Edison State College.
Creates and implements project plans for new technical systems, such as college email and calendar systems.
Configures and manages windows security options to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access.
Designs and monitors network resources which backup Edison State College computer systems.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging security alerts and issues.
Practices procedures necessary to become an effective backup person for various network systems, as designated by the Manager.
Along with other Network staff, provides after-hours on-call support according to a rotation plan.
Monitors essential network activities, such as system performance, and works with the network team to resolve network issues. Recommends improvements for the Edison State College wide area network.
Develops an ongoing personal and professional development plan, which focuses on Microsoft severs and systems; and identifies and participates in activities to attain plan goals.
Participates in departmental meetings, in service training and other activities as required; attends conferences, seminars and professional meetings as designated.
Provides and maintains cellular telephone and high-speed internet technology services, which allow immediate accessibility to the College through text and voice messages by cellular phone, and responds as directed.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Current MCSE network certification in Windows 2003 Server or an associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in computer science or related field.
Seven (7) years of related experience, which must include five (5) years Microsoft Server 2000/ 2003 trouble shooting and two (2) years experience in the area of network systems management.
Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail. Computer use includes data entry, word processing and/or accounting functions.
Experience using an enterprise-wide integrated information system such as SCT Banner.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Apply industry standards to the design of network components.
* Perform independent network problem analysis and resolution.
* Communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
Certifications in Cisco (CCNA).
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicate and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills necessary.
Edison State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access, or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer.
The College’s Equity Officer/Title IX Coordinator can be reached by calling 239-489-9293.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
8099 College Parkway
Ft. Myers, FL 33919