Requisition Number: 18977BR
Department: Cntr for Lang Stdy
University Job Title: Coordinator 4
Posting Position Title: Language Testing Coordinator 4
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 370 Temp
1. Conducts needs assessments across departments regarding language testing. Develops assessment platforms that are flexible and transportable across units. Initiates and sustains long-term discussions across the University as a means to ensure language testing remains state of the art.
2. Builds consensus among faculty around the need to align internal measures of language proficiency with national proficiency standards in order to gain a more objective measure of progress.
3. Collaborates with peer institutions regarding testing and assessment needs; develops partnerships to share expertise about assessment methodologies and technology solutions and develops collective assessment instruments and solutions.
4. Develops competency standards that conform to national standards.
5. Investigates new testing and assessment solutions. Negotiates and coordinates pilot testing. Assesses and reports on results of pilot tests.
6. Maintains and improves current testing instruments to ensure that testing and assessments are effective and seamless parts of language learning. Oversees quality control of testing and assessment instruments.
7. Ensures that testing solutions work within the guidelines of University policy.
8. Remains current on the latest developments in testing and assessment hardware and software.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's degree in foreign language, TESOL, or applied linguistics or closely related field. Two years of experience in language teaching or assessment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.